We collect personal information such as name, contact details, credit card or bank
account details (where provided). This information is required for us to provide
services to you. We will only collect this type of information in accordance with
the Privacy Act. If you do not agree to provide us with the information we request,
we may not be able to offer you the product or service you seek.
Your personal information may be used as follows:
- to identify you
- to provide the services you require, and administer and manage those services, including
billing and collecting debts
- to gain an understanding of how we may improve our services and products we offer
- to conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and fraud
We also use this information to promote to you our other services and products which
may be of interest. We will remove your name from such survey lists if you ask us
to do so - contact us on 1300 126 999 and ask to speak to our Business Relations
officer. Or send your request via email to:
Collection of personal information
We collect information directly from you:
- when you enter your personal details on our website (e.g. to register for products
or services, or completing marketing surveys
- when you provide information by phone, or in documents (e.g. application forms mailed
or faxed to us)
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, or
- from publicly available sources of information
- from our own records of how you use your Hello Mobile services
We also collect non-personally identifiable aggregate information to improve our
performance, services, and products. This may include visited domains and web pages,
and browser software being used. This information is collected in such a way that
it cannot be linked back to any individual.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is kept confidential,
secure, and protected from unauthorized access or use.
We will not collect personal information from any user who they know or might reasonably
suspect to be under the age of 18 years without the express consent of one of the
users parents or guardian. This provision does not prevent the recording of an anonymous
but identified (by login name or cookie) user's preferred services or use history.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will disclose personal information about you:
- to credit reporting/fraud checking agencies in line with our debt collection policies
and procedures. If you are in default, we will notify and exchange information with
our collection agent
- to credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness, credit
rating and credit provision
- to authorized agencies such as our solicitors, when required for legal proceedings;the
police in investigating criminal or fraudulent transactions, or as permitted by
the Privacy Act for similar dealings
- organizations involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business
- to external mail outsourcing agents to handle our bulk postal requirements
- to our bank, merchant or financial agencies to process your account payments
- your representatives (e.g. your legal advisers)
- other telecommunication and information service providers, and
- our related companies
Any third party is provided with only the minimum necessary information and is it
provided under terms of strict confidentiality on condition that the thirst party
only uses it to provide the necessary services.
You can access personal information about you held by us.
We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we
collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We therefore recommend
that you let us know if there are any errors in your personal information, and keep
us up to date with any changes. You may edit or delete the personal information
you provide to us on our website (unless the information in mandatory for your membership).
To do so, you must first log in as a registered user, using your username/Customer
reference number and password. If you are unable to access this information, please
send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us between 9am
to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
If you believe your privacy may have been prejudiced, you have the right to make
a complaint about the matter. You complaint should be addressed to Business Relations.
This may be done in writing at the contact details below. We will investigate the
matters raised by you and respond in writing within 15 working days.
Suite 802, Level 8, 1 York Street
Sydney, NSW, 2000
Tel: 1300 126 999
Fax: 1300 369 222